Being overweight will shorten your life expectancy. Being fit will make you feel better and gives you energy in everything you do. Remember, the road to being fit isn't that big of a mountain to climb. It is all about balance.
Some quick tips to get you on the right path:
- No coca cola regular; regular contains a lot of sugar, start drinking diet coke instead, within a week, you realize diet coke tastes just as good as regular, you just had to get used to it. This goes for any drink with high sugar value. Clean water is always a good choice.
- Find a sport/excersize you enjoy; Finding an activity you like is not easy yet it can be a lot of fun. Take your time and try everything at least once! Don't give up too easy on this one, it is perfectly normal you don't feel comfortable running half a marathon in the park, there are more fun and easy ways to burn calories anyway.
- Like yourself, set achievable goals; Stay motivated by setting achievable goals, this will make you more confident you can lose those pounds.
- Learn about food; Food isn't just food, it is important you know what nutritions you need and don't need. Read about this and make a habit out of checking the package for nutritional value for everything you eat.
- Getting fit is not a diet: Getting and staying fit is a way of life, therefore you need to find the balance you are comfortable with. This way you can keep your improved lifestyle and stay healthy for the rest of your life.
Hopefully these tips are helpful...at least they work for me :)