For as long as I can remember lifehacks have been quite a fascination for me. Trying to make every move you do as efficient as possible can save a lot of hours in a lifetime and therefore I try to reason as many decisions as possible to prevent randomness from taking over my life.
Today I will share 5 random life hacks/tips with you.
1. Always have a roll of duct-tape nearby; This is probably the most relevant when you are in a stage of your life where you don't allow yourself to spend more money than absolutely necessary(college ;D ). Anyway, a lot of malfunctioning around your house/car/vacation can be an easy temporary fix with duct-tape.
2. When you walk in an elavator, thirst thing you need to do is press the close-door button. There is no use in first pressing the floor number and than close door (or just wait for the doors to close by themselves), because the doors themselves will need at least 3 seconds to close before the alavator is ready to move. This leaves more then enough time to find your floor number on the pad and press it.
Rumors are that there is a hack to make the lift go directly to selected floor. this is for emergency personell and will piss off regular users who are waiting in line to get on the elavator, google 'elavator hack' if you wish to know the details.
3. Close the lid on your coffee storage container. Nothing smells better then fresh coffee, lets keep it fresh. Tell this to your room mates.
4. If you have trouble falling asleep, dim the light and read a book. Bright colors on your computer screen triggers the brain to stay awake, shutting down all tv's/flatscreens/laptops an hour you plan to fall asleep will help a lot.
5. Drink a lot of water. I don't remember the exact percentage but the majority of headaches are caused by mild dehydration (the hangover ones too!) drinking water regularly will also flush a lot of toxins out of your body. Also remember, water fills you up but holds no calories(think about it). Under normal circumstances don't drink more then a gallon per day.
Thanks for reading, I have a lot more where that came from! Tell me if you like them.